WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE AN EDITOR?
Are you writing a book or story?
Your manuscript, fiction or non-fiction, must be polished and pleasing to read, whether it's picked up by a publisher or you launch it yourself (an increasingly viable option!). If an agent requests your full manuscript tomorrow, will you be ready? Agents don't want to wait around for proofing. Or maybe English isn't your first language, and you are worried about your grammar. Whatever is keeping you from getting into print, I can help. Remember, a good editor can make or break your publishing experience.
Is your website as effective as you need it to be?
Don't let grammatical or spelling errors raise doubts in the minds of potential customers. Your text should hit a home run in one glance.
Is your thesis, dissertation, résumé, article, report, or e-book really ready for the world?
This is an important document! Are you struggling with writer's block or ESL issues? Take the time to deal with flaws that could jeopardize its success.
Does your marketing copy, newsletter, proposal, or other business content need filtering by fresh eyes, or even a "massage"?
Your writing must be correct and clear so your organization's image remains strong for your customers.
BECAUSE AN EDITOR CAN BRING OUT THE FULL BEAUTY
AND POWER OF YOUR WORDS
Hi, I'm Lynn Cross, and unlike some copy editors, I hear and respect your voice first.
I fix only what isn't working, in accordance with the first rule of copyediting: do no harm.
- Fiction, particularly fantasy and speculative fiction, but I enjoy helping to improve all fiction genres.
- Non-fiction: Specialties are self-help, scholarly works (including dissertations), social sciences, alternative and integrative medicine, and cooking.
- My clients include individual authors, students, scholars, and publishers.
- I can help you attract the kind of attention you want, get your desired results, or sell more of your products or services.
- I will deal with problems and suggest revisions that can move your work from wannabe to truly publishable.
- Whatever your document needs is what I do—from a quick but intense session with a red pencil (well, Track Changes, but you get the idea) to an outright stylistic makeover.
- When your pages are clean and your message is clear . . . what shines through is YOU.
Send me an e-mail for an analysis of your needs. I will probably want to see at least a portion of your manuscript.
After we're clear on what you're after, I'll do a few pages, and give you a free mini-critique (if you wish) and an estimate.